About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Tuesday 24 February 2015

What I Wore to my Friend’s Indian Wedding


With the wedding season on in full swing, it’s been a busy couple of weeks. And here in India, weddings are synonymous with elaborate outfits and dressing to the tee. And while I love getting dressed up in full Indian gear, I’m just about getting tired of the whole shebang.

Anyhow, I’ve taken a couple of photos of outfits that I wore to weddings and other related functions and I thought I’d share them with you.

So I wore this gorgeous yellow anarkali to a friend’s wedding sometime in the first week of February. I absolutely love the colour, and the fact that the anrakali has full sleeves is an advantage, especially in the nippy weather.

I forgot to get a photo of the back of the anarkali, but it’s just gorgeous with embroidery throughout the back. I kept the accessories simple with pearl earrings and gold bangles. For footwear I ditched the gold heels and chose my comfy berry shoes. Another thing that I put a little effort into was my hairstyle. I tried to do a French braid in the front and then gathered the hair back in to a bun. The hairstyle is not very clear in the photo, but you get the idea.






I would love to hear your feedback so drop in a line or two.

BTW, I’m planning to do a series of wedding-outfits related post.

For daily updates, join me on Instagram.

I also have a YouTubeChannel (Clothes and Creativity) where I make videos on beauty, fashion and anything else that catches my fancy.


Linking up with Creative Mondays.


6 comments :

  1. Lovely :) Yellow is beautiful against Indian skintones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hairstyle, the anarkali, those beautiful floral motifs in red - wow! I absolutely love this outfit of yours and you look SO stunning. beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coral Crue! :)
      Will post some Indian outfits soon.

      Delete
  3. would love to see your wedding outfit posts as you style very well and i have a lot of weddings to attend in december. i sure could use all the tips you can give :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking lovely! Just this past weekend we attended a wedding for very close family friends. It was the legal registration ceremony, not a religious ceremony, so it wasn't too ornate, but nearly everyone was wearing traditional Indian dress--all looked lovely!

    ReplyDelete