About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Monday 21 October 2013

Comfort Dressing: Maxi Dress: Weekend Outfit

Hello lovely people!

I am delighted to share that I was featured on Claire’s wonderful blog and you can read all about it here. In case you want to check-out the post that was featured, you can see it here.

I’ve been under the weather for a few days now, and waking up to the news of my post being featured brought about the much needed cheer and happiness. I haven’t even gone to work.

Most of Sunday was spent in bed because I was feeling bleaaah! I had fever and body-ache. However, in the evening my husband suggested we go out for a bit, just so I would feel better. By the time I got out of bed and freshened up, I was feeling better. I just wanted to wear the comfiest outfit ever. And in my knowledge, PJs are the comfiest ever, but I really didn’t want to make a spectacle of myself. So I grabbed the next most comfortable thing, and that was this maxi dress. It’s a failry recent addition to my wardrobe and I’ve already worn it twice. I have spoken (written) about my love for maxi dresses here, here, here and here. This maxi dress is kind of monochromatic. It’s got a tie-up belt in black and black sequins on the shoulder. I forgot to take a photograph of the sequined shoulder. I was in no mood to carry a super heavy bag so I stuck to my black studded sling bag. And keeping the comfy quotient in mind, I wore my silver flats. I was glad that I looked presentable taking in to consideration the fact that I wasn’t feeling great.





The fresh air did me some good and for a couple of hours I felt kind of fine, however, once back home the body-ache and fever returned and I hated it. I’m still unwell and had to miss work, but I’m hoping to get better soon.

Maxi: Local Market
Silver Flats: Gifted

Bag: Leather Boutique

I am linking up with Creative Mondays, Funday Monday and Monday Bloom.

In case you want to see my OOTD, you can follow me on Instagram (clothesandcreativity).

2 comments :

  1. (((Anya))) sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you're getting better pretty soon. Poor dear. Nevertheless you look beautiful. And that bag is WOW! awesome!!!
    No it isn't a denim tunic, it's of cotton but very sheer, like a blouse.
    hugs sweetie.
    get well soon
    Lenya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Lenya! :)
      I'm feeling much better.
      Loved the Boho vibe of your outfit!

      Delete