About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Metallic Tunic and Skinny Pants- Work Outfit

As much as I’d like to plan my outfits in advance (so as to avoid rushed mornings), I’m almost always unable to do the same. On days that I do, I feel much relaxed. But those days are far and few. So the other day I frantically pulled out some work-appropriate clothes (read button-up shirt and trousers). However, the only thing that kept me from wearing them was that they weren’t ironed. And just as I began ironing them, I realized that the iron had given up on me!!! Imagine my plight. And there was no dhobi in sight. So I had no option but to pull out something ironed and make it work for work (pun intended).

As I hardly had time on hand, I pulled out my metallic (silver gray/black/gold) tunic and some black skinny pants. I wore my black pumps to complete the outfit and make it look a little office-y! For accessories I wore my silver watch with some pearls and sparkly pink bangles and I added my silver hoop earrings. The bag I carried was my usual tan one. And yes, despite being pressed for time, I still had my blog photo clicked. Now am I not a good blogger?! J



Tunic: Export House
Black Skinny Pants: Mango
Bag: Gift
Sunglasses: Marks & Spencer
Watch: Moschino


I was fairly happy with the outfit. It might not fit in the category of ‘formals’ but I think it looked polished enough to pass off as ‘office/work’ wear. What say?

What’s your go-to work/office outfit for a rushed morning?

2 comments :

  1. I'm not sure what your dress code is, but I would definitely wear this outfit to work. I think you look really polished. I might even try belting the top :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, the dress code at work is "business-casuals" (unless we have Court where the uniform is prescribed- black blazer, white shirt, dark trousers or Black and White Indian formals).
      I think this outfit would have looked more work/office-appropriate with a black blazer but it's too humid here to be wearing blazers right now.
      And I shall try belting the top in the future! :)

      Delete