About Me

My Photo
A lawyer by profession who has a passion for fashion, beauty and make-up! My love for fashion has fuelled the creation of this blog. I find it mentally stimulating and creatively satisfying to write about the things I love.

Friday 14 June 2013

I AM BACK- Vintage, Polka Dot Skirt and Mustard Top- Outfit


I know I have been MIA for quite some time now (almost a year), but what to do, I had to attend my own wedding J So basically I was busy with Shaadi and other related things but now that I am relatively free, I have decided to revive this blog.

In my effort to make this blog better and more insightful, I have decided to have themes related to clothes, shopping and other such fun things. Confused? Don’t be, you will get to experience the best that Delhi (and other places as I travel) has to offer in terms of clothing, accessories, fashion etc. and that too at the best (lowest) prices. :D

So without further ado, I bring to you an outfit post. 







Well, I quite like the mid-length full volume or A-line skirts (they remind me of the 50s fashion), however they are not that easy to find. So on my recent trip to one of the flea markets, I chanced upon this beautiful black/white polka-dot skirt. It was perfect in terms of size, shape and pattern. It’s a classic and without a blink I picked it up.

And now that I had this gorgeous skirt, I couldn’t wait to wear it. So the very next day I had to run some errands and decided to wear the skirt. I teamed the skirt with a deep mustard sleeveless top. I have had this top for a long time and thought it went nicely with the skirt. I also added a wide black belt to pull the look together. For footwear I wore my red/silver flats although ideally black or tan heels would have looked perfect. I carried my tan bag (my current favourite) and to complete the look I added a beaded long necklace and my rose-gold watch. I didn’t wear earrings, just didn't feel like.


So, how do you like the outfit? I have a gazillion ideas running through my head on how to style this skirt. Would do more posts on the same. Comments and feedback are always welcome. 


2 comments :

  1. Wow! I would never think of pairing the two :) Looks casual and chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Supria! :)
      You could team-up your polka-dot skirt with a jewel toned top.

      Delete